Local paddlers recommend 14 different day trips along the Shiawassee River. Each section has unique character and experiences. Some trips are better suited for beginners or families with young children, while other trips are for more experienced paddlers. Trips are listed in downstream order beginning with the start of the water trail in Holly.
Click on the trip to download a brochure with route information.
- Waterworks Park, Village of Holly to Strom Park, City of Fenton
- Bush Park, City of Fenton to Lake Ponemah, Fenton Township
- Linden Mill Pond upstream to Lake Ponemah, back to Linden Mill Pond (round trip route)
- Linden, Hammerick Street to Hogan Road, Fenton Township
- Hogan Road to McCaslin Lake Road, Argentine Township
- Byron High School to Walnut Hills Campground, Byron
- Walnut Hills Campground to Geeck County Park, Durand
- Geeck County Park to Shiatown County Park
- Shiatown County Park to Lytle Road County Park
- Lytle Road County Park to Brady Street Landing, Corunna
- Corunna, McCurdy Park to Harmon Patridge Park, Owosso
- Harmon Patridge Park to Henderson County Park
- Henderson County Park to Ditch Road, Parshallburg
- Ditch Road to Cole Park, Chesaning